Re: HOW TO JOIN US - Instructions and Troubleshooting 1) Create a free Runboard account
You'll need one to post at NAR. See steps below, in the detailed instructions.
You need to click on the "signup" link at the right hand side at the top of the main page. The application to Runboard then will appear. When you are accepted, you will receive an e mail in your personal e mail account that will supply you with a temporary password for Runboard only, not NAR.
2) Submit an application to NAR
This is needed in addition to creating your Runboard account. We require this extra step to protect our members from potential harassment.
3) Check your email for approval
When your membership application is either accepted or denied, you'll receive an email to let you know.
1) Create a Runboard account
1a) Fill out the registration form after clicking on the "sign up" link at the top of the main page. You will receive an e mail in your personal e mail inbox notifying you of your acceptance to Runboard, and it will supply you with a temporary password. Come back to Runboard, and then you can change your temporary password to one of your choosing.
2)NOW YOU ARE READY TO JOIN NAR
How to submit an application to NAR:
To bring up the application, click on the "New Topic" or "Add a Reply" link right here on this forum, as though you are going to make a post or are replying to this post. If you're not yet a member of this board, this will bring up the application form. Please add a short description of why you want to join NAR. Submit this. This is the final step in order to be approved for membership.
3) Check your email for approval
Once you receive an email to say your application has been accepted to NAR, you'll be able to post at NAR. Please be patient, it may take a few days until your membership to NAR is accepted.
If you have problems with this process, please send a PM to Had Enough9 ...
So, lets get started! click on "reply" to this post after you have joined Runboard, and you will have your application to NAR!
Re: HOW TO JOIN US - Instructions and Troubleshooting
We invite you to join us.
Sign Up Information:
Our forum has a moderated membership. There may be a delay of a few days before your application is accepted. Thank you for your patience.
Also, please add a short description on your application about what has brought you to our recovery forum. Our managers may contact you via PM if we need additional information or have any questions. To review any PMs, sign in and click on the Inbox.
The board home is at Runboard.com. When you sign up for a free account at Runboard, you will be able to join any Runboard forum.
Our Discussion Boards have their own section, so simply post a new topic or reply to a post on one of our discussion boards.
Please send a PM to HadEnough9 if you have any questions regarding joining our site.
The Sign Up:
To join us, click on 'sign up' on the top right of the main page on our board. The signup screen will come up and ask you for a user name (This is your screen name which you choose.) Then it will ask you for your email address.
You will have to check a box that you have read and accepted the terms of service.
There is info at the bottom of the registration form that is optional such as real name, address, etc. You may leave this blank for your own safety and security purposes. If you should fill in something that you later wished you hadn't, you can change it by editing your profile, but it's best to use caution when you first sign up.
You will then hit 'submit/register' or whatever term is on the bottom of the screen to send your registration in.
You will see a page at this point that says, 'Congratulations' which confirms that your registration went through and that you will be receiving an authentication email. You will then receive this authentication email from runboard that gives you a password. Write this down and use it along with your screen name to log in. You can then change your password to one that is personal to you in your profile to use on a permanent basis.
Our site deals with severe mental disorders and for your safety and ours, do not use your real name.
Issue: I didn't get my authentication email.
This could be a few different things.
1. First, when you registered did you get a screen telling you 'congratulations, you're registered' and that you would be getting an email to activate your account? If not, the registration may not have gone through and you can try registering again.
2. If you did get a page telling you you'd be getting an email, check your spam or junk folder. The activation email may have gone there.
3. There may be a delay in receiving the email. It should go through immediately, but some members have had it delayed. Give it some time and if it still hasn't gone through, say within a day, try registering in a different way, as follows.
4. If you have registered using an AOL or Verizon account, (or perhaps even some others) it may have been filtered out at the email provider level. Both services are known to have blocked email from large services like runboard in the past and there may be others which do that as well.
5. What will work? The solution is to try registering with another email service such as yahoo or hotmail or perhaps gmail. These seem to work without a problem, but if one of these should happen not to work, try one of the others. If you don't have an account on any of these services, you can sign up for one for free. Then register again with your new email address. After you've registered using your new address, you can change the email address in your profile back to the email addy you prefer to use if you wish, or just leave the new email account as your runboard email.
6. Check your spam or junk folder in this new account as well in case the email goes there instead of to your inbox.
Still no luck? You can also:
7. Check with your ISP to see if they're blocking any emails from runboard.com.
8. Check the screen name you're using or the email addy to make sure it's not something that would be denied because of the built-in profanity filter on runboard. Seemingly innocuous things could potentially get filtered out.
Generally, based on what our other members have run into, getting a new email address and registering with that is usually the answer.
This is a reminder for those applying for membership to NAR that the application process has two parts. First, you must join the Runboard service and then you can apply to join NAR. As part of that application, we ask that you write a brief description of what brought you to the board.
Applications will not be approved that simply say, "Can I join?" or "Tell me how to post here." If a request for membership does not include a reason for requesting admittance, you will receive a PM asking for such.
If you do receive a "request denied" email, it is likely because your application simply said, "Can I Join?" and no further information has been received within a reasonable amount of time. Feel free to reapply with more information.
Also be aware that memberships are not instant. It could take a few days for approval. In the meantime check your Inbox for any communication from Administrators.
When you become a member of NAR, you will then be able to read and post on all of the discussion forums.
If you have problems with this process, please pm Had Enough9.
Re: HOW TO JOIN US - Instructions and Troubleshooting I have seen many people who get lost after creating their Runboard account. For those who have created their accounts, please refer to Step 2 in the instructions above, or skip forward about a minute into this video.
If you have not created your Runboard account yet, please start from the beginning.
Close video [x]To watch in full screen, click on the icon at the bottom right corner of the video player. You can also go back and re-watch any part of it by sliding the slider, or pause it by clicking on the video as it's playing. To watch it in high definition, click on the gear icon after it starts playing, and choose 720p.